Saturday, July 28, 2012

Preservation Paper Dolls


Arguably, since the start of this project its been hard to keep my children engaged in preservation needs. But they are only two – and very into pretend. The other day I came up with the most insane idea ever. Preservation. Paper. Dolls.

No – stay with me – what if we made a librarian who could wear his/her bookbinder’s apron AND the book to carry? Could only be held by the ends of the spine (there are NO tabs on the headcap or tailcap, so its impossible for this preservation doll to carry the item the wrong way).

I know – I’ve completely lost it. But the twins seem to like the idea – they color in their template, I cut out the pieces and off we go.

And if you’re feeling especially fruity, you can make him/her the required disaster kit tyvek full body suit (this paper doll’s suit is actually made out of real tyvek – I had scraps lying around).

Commit me if you must – but I am going to make preservation interesting for the under-five crowd. 










No comments:

Post a Comment